Overcome your fear and THRIVE
Treatment for fears & phobias: Clinics in Rickmansworth, St. Albans, Oxford and Aylesbury.
What are phobias ?
Approximately 11% of the UK population experience a phobia at some time in their lives. A phobia is an overwhelming and debilitating fear of an object, feeling, animal or situation which develops when a person has an exaggerated or unrealistic sense of perceived danger. Indeed, people can develop a phobic response to almost any circumstance.
- Acrophobia – Fear of heights
- Agoraphobia – Fear of open spaces
- Arachnophobia – Fear of Spiders
- Aviophobia– Fear of flying
- Brontophobia – Fear of thunderstorms
- Carcinophobia – Fear of cancer
- Claustrophobia – Fear of being trapped in small confined spaces
- Emetophobia – Fear of vomiting
- Necrophobia – Fear of death or of dead things
- Ophidiophobia – Fear of snakes
- Ornithophobia – Fear of birds
- Trypanophobia – Fear of needles
Some phobias do not even have their own name, other than ‘a fear of….’ An example of this is a fear of driving on motorways, a common but as yet unnamed fear !
If a phobia becomes too extreme, the sufferer could organise their lives actively avoiding the object of their fear. As well as it severely restricting their day to day lives, it can also cause persistent anguish.
Sabrina went through The Thrive Programme with me in 2016 for (amongst other things) a fear of spiders.
This photo, taken in 2017 whilst on holiday in the Far East, shows Sabrina well & truly proving that she is 100% over her fear. This is what she wrote to accompany the photo…
“This photo was taken in the Spider Market, Cambodia.
After spotting the Market during a bus trip, I walked straight off the bus to the man holding the bucket of spiders and asked to hold one straight away. It then progressed to wearing on my head and finished with me doing a plank with 3 on my back !
Since thriving, I just don’t create the negative thoughts… they just don’t come“
How much is my fear affecting my life ?
To gauge the degree to which your fear is affecting your life, ask yourself the following:
- Do I spend an excessive amount of time thinking about my fear?
- Is my fear affecting my physical condition?
- When I think of this fear does my pulse increase, do my hands shake, do I feel nauseous?
- Does this fear make me depressed?
- Does this fear make me do things the hard way, such as planning road travel so as to avoid driving over bridges, or walk the long way to the shops to avoid a neighbours dog? Does it prevent me from going on holiday to where I would really like to go?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are likely to have a phobia and may consider treatment so that it no longer interferes with your life.
Help for fears and phobias
If you have a fear or phobia, The Thrive Programme is entirely about you ! It is a revolutionary and highly effective training programme which will teach you to understand how to grasp control of the beliefs, thoughts and emotions that cause you to feel unable to confront the object of your fears.
The Thrive Programme can help you completely change the way you think and feel about yourself, enabling you to overcome your fears in just six weekly sessions.
When you absolutely understand how your mind operates, such as the interaction between your thinking, beliefs, personality and feelings, you will feel much more empowered and in control. When you recognise that almost all of your worries, stresses, problems and symptoms are either created, maintained or worsened by poorly managed thinking, you will feel fabulously empowered……..and because YOU created these problems then YOU can change them !
This course of treatment does not contain any myths, magic or mumbo-jumbo. It is simply an empowering and liberating psychological training programme, created with proven scientific research, and with your input, it will allow you to overcome your phobia and regain your freedom. You will find that it is much easier and faster than you ever believed to take control and get the life you desire!
Booking your free initial consultation couldn’t be easier.
It is perfectly natural that you may have questions about The Thrive Programme and what it entails. To arrange a free consultation or to book an appointment call me on 07789 600 199.
If I’m with a client, you can leave a confidential message on my answerphone and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org