Overcome it and THRIVE
Treatment for depression and sadness: serving Watford, St Albans, Bushey, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire & the surrounding areas.
What is depression ?
Depression is a very common illness that almost anybody can develop. It is estimated that, at any one time, between 10-20% of the population of the UK are suffering from it to some extent. Major depression is the most prevalent psychological disorder in the western world*.
Everyone can feel down occasionally – feelings of sadness are quite normal. We can all feel down, moody or miserable but depression is where the sufferer feels these excessive feelings for an elongated period of time. The causes are many; stress can certainly lead to depression; pressures at work, finances, relationship worries or family stresses. However, what is different about depression is these feelings can last for long periods of time – weeks, months and even years.
From a social perspective, depression often surfaces within the context of a relationship. For example, bereavement, romantic or marital breakdowns, betrayals by friends or authority figures can all significantly enhance the risk of depression.
Also there are anxiety based disorders, such as PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), panic disorder, social phobia and general anxiety disorder often occur alongside depression.
Symptoms of depression…
- Being unable to gain pleasure from activities that normally would be pleasurable.
- Losing interest in normal activities, hobbies and everyday life.
- Feeling restless, tense and anxious.
- Feeling tired all of the time and having no energy.
- Difficulty sleeping or waking early in the morning, or even getting out of bed in the morning. Nightmares can also be a factor.
- Having a poor appetite, no interest in food and losing weight (though some people gain weight due to comfort eating).
- Spending a lot of time thinking about what has gone wrong, what will go wrong or what is wrong about yourself as a person
- Loss of interest in sex.
- Brooding and ruminating about things. Black and white thinking patterns.
- Having difficulty in concentrating and thinking clearly.
- Feeling irritable or angry.
- Losing self confidence.
- Avoiding other people.
- Finding it harder than usual to make decisions.
- Feeling useless and inadequate.
- Feeling guilty about who you are and what you have done.
- Feeling hopeless – that nothing will make things better.
- Feeling that life isn’t worth living. Suicidal feelings.
Clinical depression is very much centered around how we interpret reality, based upon our beliefs and thinking styles. For example, when someone broods or obsesses about negative things, this spotlight of attention on the sad/bad things in life will almost certainly influence how they feel. It is a downward spiral and so maintains the fuelling of the sadness.
Help for depression and low moods
If you suffer from the perils of depression, The Thrive Programme is entirely about you! It is a revolutionary and highly effective training programme which will teach you to understand how to grasp control of your beliefs, thoughts and emotions and regain control of your life. Discover how to completely change the way you think and feel about yourself and challenging situations, overcome your symptoms and live a happier and positive life.
The Thrive Programme can help you completely change the way you think and feel about yourself in just six weekly sessions.
When you absolutely understand how your mind operates, such as the interaction between your thinking, beliefs, personality and feelings, you will feel much more empowered and in control. When you recognise that almost all of your worries, stresses, problems and symptoms are either created, maintained or worsened by poorly managed thinking, you will feel fabulously empowered……..and because YOU created these problems then YOU can change them!
This course of treatment does not contain any myths, magic or mumbo-jumbo. It is simply an empowering and liberating psychological training programme, created with proven scientific research, and with your input, it will allow you to overcome depression, build your self esteem and reduce or eliminate social anxiety. You will find that it is much easier and faster than you ever believed to take control and get the life you desire!
Booking your free initial consultation couldn’t be easier.
It is perfectly natural that you may have questions about The Thrive Programme and what it entails. To arrange a free consultation or to book an appointment call my Aylesbury Clinic on 01296 583789 or my mobile on 07789 600 199.
If I’m with a client, you can leave a confidential message on my answerphone and I will return your call as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can email me at: email@example.com